Monday, June 18, 2007

Engagement Brunch

What a fun weekend!


Brad and I had an engagement party down in Magrath (my home town), it was so much fun. Exactly how I’d wanted it to be. I’ve been gone from Magrath for a long time so I didn’t feel like I needed a full wedding reception down there but I did want to see those people, most of them wouldn’t drive up to Calgary though. The engagement brunch was the perfect solution. It was super casual, at my parents house. People came, ate, visited and then left, having lots of time left in the day. It was perfect.


The food was so good! We had pancakes cooked on a griddle, there were different toppings to choose from. Butter pecan with ice cream was my favorite. But the apple cinnamon with whipped cream and caramel sauce was incredible too. There were mini muffins, and scones with different flavored butters. Mini quiche and homemade sausage rolls. We drank orange juice and had lots of fruit.


It was fun to see so many people that I haven’t seen in a long time.


Thank you so much everyone who came and everyone who helped. Like I said, it was perfect. Exactly what I wanted.
L

0 comments: