Monday, August 25, 2008

The Truth is Out There

Brad and I have a love of tv box sets, we like that they can be either a short 40 minute time filler or 3 days of bingeing and so we've watched our fair share. To name a few; Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Veronica Mars, Grey's Anatomy, How I Met Your Mother.

After seeing promos for the new X-files movie I remembered that I used to love that show and there are also tons of episodes I haven't seen so we've started making our way through. We just started season 2 and there are a few things that have become apparant.

  • X-files is old… just check out Scully's hair and shoulder pads for verification
  • The writing wasn't actually that great in the beginning, explains why it got such poor rating in the earlier seasons
  • Some episodes are down right silly
  • Some episodes are still really creepy
  • TV has come a long way in the last 15 years
  • It's a show that, 15 years later still keeps us hooked

L

0 comments: