Friday, August 3, 2012

Second Annual Deep Fried Goodies

Last year, during our yearly Magrath celebration weekend we plugged in the deep fryer and ate battered and deep fried Twinkies, Peanut Butter Cups and Twix bars.  They were so delicious that we put a limit on our consumption, we're only allowed these deep fried treats once a year, I'm pretty sure that's all our bodies can handle so when this weekend rolled around we were excited to repeat the experience.  We made a few changes and added a couple rules.  Not only are we only allowed to eat them once a year we're also only allowed three treats per evening.  If we want to add something we need to subtract.

Everything we made we deep fried in funnel cake batter and since we knew they were delicious we started with Reese's Peanut Butter cups, only we used the mini ones.  They're awesome and will make a third appearance next year.
Pinned Image

While looking for a good funnel cake recipe (which I found here and highly recommend) I stumbled on the most amazing idea... Deep Fried Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.  She gives an egg-less recipe and this was hands down our favourite treat.  We did make the usual Twinkies but they were so overshadowed  by the cookie dough we don't even need to make them next year, we all wanted more cookie dough.


Next year we're going to try some deep fried cheesecake.
We also enjoyed some funnel cake with strawberries and cream.  It was a good evening and I already look forward to next year.

*None of these photos are mine, I borrowed them.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I think my heart clenched a little looking at those photos, but my tummy sure smiled!

Nikki said...

You might have done this lat year but we love deep fried oreos. They are better than the beloved Mars Bar in my opinion.